Gheorghe Curelet-Balan Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2004

BlackBerry 7100 product line.

Well...I was wrong when I said that the new BackBerry 7100 is available only in US :) Shortly after my post, RIM announced the availability of the new device in Europe and Australasia.

Now I feel like to explain the title of my previous post. RIM has a reputation in transforming an utopian idea in a standard. When first BlackBerry was introduced, few believed that such a small QWERTY keypad could be useful. Well, today RIM is licencing its keypad technology to the major players in the PDA market and BlackBerry gained its nickname as "Crackberry" due to its addictive nature.

I'm confident that the new revolutionary SureType (cell-phone/QWERTY keypad) technology will have the same impact in the cell-phone/PDA hybrid (smartphone) market.

With these new devices I think that the company is on the right track to achieve its near term goal to have 2 million users, even though (few years ago) some were skeptic of the company's potential.

If you want to learn more about the features of the new Blackberry 7100 product line, read the PC World Review of the product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home