She is after them.
YOU and everything else, are made of stardust, this was Tarter's take home message suggested to the audience. I found though that her presentation had more than one interesting message to take home. Here there are few of them:
1. life is more resilient than we expect, proving that it can exist in some of the most hostile environments.
2. this creates the scary possibility that WE ARE the first extraterrestrials since it is possible that we all are Martians.
3. the galaxies are green recycling machines.
4. at last I hear someone saying that number 2 is very important, since finding the second planet with technological traces, besides ours will prove that some form of alien life is possible.
5. telescopes can dance :)
6. SETI job could be compared with the archeological search of the needle in the cosmic haystack of the future, since our future is "written" in the stars.
7. if we never search, the chance of success is zero.
More to come...